Mike’s ability to connect with his audience creates a one of a kind learning experience. You’ll feel connected to his story, his message, and how it relates to your event, your life or your business. Participants leave his sessions with the un-suppressible urge to take action and push the needle towards a better tomorrow.
A few of Mike’s Keynote & Workshop Topics:
- Leading with an Athlete Mindset – Elite athletes consistently achieve peak performances because they are exceptional at overcoming adversity. There are four pillars, constant in every athlete’s mindset, that contribute to their success: an aptitude of gratitude, choosing to fail-forward, choosing possible vs. impossible, and recognizing the importance of their team. In this presentation, Mike shows audiences that the athlete mindset isn’t solely reserved for athletes; it’s something we can all activate and all benefit from.“The Athlete Mindset” at UBC Okanagan Athletics:
- Grief Happens – The antidote for adversity, namely grief, is gratitude. Gratitude can help us overcome our biggest challenges in life. It creates a perspective shift that helps us frame setbacks in the grand scheme of things. It is the foundation for the physical, mental, and emotional growth and recovery for individuals, teams, and leadership groups.
- “If it’s broke, don’t fix it.” – When things fall apart and you’re in recovery mode amid dispute resolutions, organizational dilemmas, disruptions, disasters, or traumas, don’t ‘fix it’. The concept of rebuilding or ‘fixing it’ is flawed. Looking ahead to what you can build or create (not what you can recreate) is a fundamental shift that organizations need to make.
- Connection Through Storytelling – The power of storytelling is often overlooked by leaders, managers, coaches, and teachers. Connecting with your team is critically important when it comes to achieving results. As a leader, your followers will work harder for you if they feel connected to you and your vision.
Partner Organization Presentations:
- Your Identity Audit – Okanagan PTSD Clinics
- Boosting Focus: Creating a Performance Mindset – HeadStartPro.com
- Trust Your Gut – WorkSafe BC
Announcing and Event Commentating:
- Half Pipe Skiing, Slope Style Skiing, & Big Air Contests
- Event Emcee services, VIP hosting, and Public Entertainment
Learn about Mike’s ability to inspire, entertain and motivate audiences. Please contact him directly to see if he is a fit for your event or to hear his one-of-a-kind story firsthand.
“I feel like I’ve been given a second chance at life. Since my accident, it has become my purpose to help others. Public speaking has given me an avenue to make an impact on an individual and societal level. I am grateful for every moment I have with my audience and hope that I inspire them to take positive action in their lives.“
– Mike Shaw