Mike’s ability to connect with his audience creates a one of a kind learning experience. You’ll feel connected to his story, his message, and how it relates to your life or your business. Participants leave his sessions with the un-suppressible urge to take action in their working, sporting, and social lives.
A few of Mike’s Keynote & Workshop Topics:
- Leading with an Athlete Mindset – Elite athletes consistently achieve peak performances because they are exceptional at overcoming adversity. There are four pillars, constant in every athlete’s mindset, that contribute to their success: activating gratitude, choosing to fail-forward, choosing possible vs. impossible, and recognizing the importance of their team. In this presentation, Mike shows audiences that the athlete mindset isn’t solely reserved for athletes; it’s something we can all activate and all benefit from.
- Grief Happens – The antidote for adversity, namely grief, is gratitude. Gratitude can help us overcome our biggest challenges in life. It creates a perspective shift that helps us frame setbacks in the grand scheme of things. It is the foundation for the physical, mental, and emotional growth and recovery for individuals, teams, and leadership groups.
- “If it’s broke, don’t fix it.” – When things fall apart and you’re in recovery mode amid dispute resolutions, organizational dilemmas, disruptions, disasters, or traumas, don’t ‘fix it’. The concept of rebuilding or ‘fixing it’ is flawed. Looking ahead to what you can build or create (not what you can recreate) is a fundamental shift that organizations need to make.
- Connection Through Storytelling – The power of storytelling is often overlooked by leaders, managers, coaches, and teachers. Connecting with your team is critically important when it comes to achieving results. As a leader, your followers will work harder for you if they feel connected to you and your vision.
Mike Presenting “The Athlete Mindset” to UBC Okanagan Athletics:
Partner Organization Presentations:
- Your Identity Audit – Okanagan PTSD Clinics
- Boosting Focus: Creating a Performance Mindset – HeadStartPro.com
- Trust Your Gut – WorkSafe BC
Announcing and Event Commentating:
- Half Pipe Skiing, Slope Style Skiing, & Big Air Contests
- Event Emcee services, VIP hosting, and Public Entertainment
Learn about Mike’s ability to inspire, entertain and motivate audiences. Please contact him directly to see if he is a fit for your event or to hear his one-of-a-kind story firsthand.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“Mike, thanks for a fantastic presentation that set the tone for a tremendous week. Yours is an amazing story, and you presented it beautifully. Our members were inspired and fired up, and we cannot thank you enough.”
– David Goldstein BSJ/LLB, Chief Operating Officer, U SPORTS
U SPORTS AGM & Conference, Vancouver BC, June 2018
“I was, and remain, incredibly moved by [Mike’s] story, and I know that our guests were too. Mike, Thank you for being so open and for sharing something so deeply personal with us. I can’t imagine how it feels to tell your story and to re-live all the memories each time you do so. You are doing such important work to help raise awareness and to help other people.”
– Stephanie Mallalieu, go2HR Tourism
Occupational Health & Safety Summit, Kelowna BC, Nov 2017
“Delegates have shared their experience at the conference engaging on the theme of disruption was inspiring, educational, and very appreciated. We have received such positive feedback and praise for your exceptional conference presentation. Your captivating insights, professionalism, and enthusiasm to share your experience was noted by many. We appreciated your preparedness and ease with which we worked to coordinate your session. Several delegates commented that they sourced relevant and applicable takeaways from your breakout session. Thank you for contributing your insights to positively shape our conference delegates’ experience.”
– Shannon Hall, Events Coordinator, Coaching Association of Canada
Canadian Sports Leadership Conference, Calgary AB, Nov 2017
“Mike presented his experience of spinal cord injury and recovery to a group of military veterans suffering from PTSD, as part of a treatment program. Both staff and participants were moved by his immense courage, humility, and hard-won wisdom. The veterans face many of the same life-wrenching losses that Mike has been through – unimaginable grief, physical injury and chronic pain, and the daily challenges of living with limitations. They were profoundly inspired by Mike’s grit and determination to find and live “the other story” – one of exciting purpose and joy, rather than despair. Mike’s strength of will and remarkable gratitude inspired all – staff and veterans – to see our own struggles in a new light.”
– Mary Grayson, MC, CCC – Touchstone Counselling
Operational Stress Recovery Program, Vernon BC, Oct 2017
“I feel like I’ve been given a second chance at life. Since my accident, it has become my purpose to help others. Public speaking has given me an avenue to make an impact on an individual and societal level. I am grateful for every moment I have with my audience and hope that I inspire them to take positive action in their lives.“
– Mike Shaw