Mike’s ability to inspire creates a one of a kind experience for his audience, no matter how many people are in the room. You’ll feel connected to his story, his message, and how it relates to your life or your business. Participants in his sessions leave with the un-suppressible urge to take action and move forward.
In the past three years, Mike has done presentations for thousands of people on a variety of topics.
Keynote, Concurrent Session and Workshop Topics
- Grief Happens – The antidote for grief is gratitude. Gratitude can help us overcome any our biggest challenges in life.
- Overcoming Adversity – It’s the universal right we all have every day when we wake up, we get to choose our attitude and effort. Developing grit and resilience can take you and your team to the next level.
- ‘Build’ vs. ‘Rebuild’ – Why is it SO important to never rebuild anything?
- The Gratitude Attitude – Gratitude is the foundation for physical, mental and emotional growth for individuals, teams and leadership groups.
Partner Organization Presentations
- Waking the Thin Line between Risk and Reward – HeadStart Performance Training Workshops
- Creating Your New Identity – Okanagan Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Clinics
- Listening to Your Gut, Speaking Up and Knowing Your Rights – WorkSafe BC New & Young Worker Program
- Youth Risk-Taking Behaviour & Personal Safety – SafeStart Education
Announcing and Event Commentating
- Half Pipe Skiing, Slope Style Skiing, & Big Air Contests
- Event Emcee services, VIP hosting, and Public Entertainment
Please reach out to Mike to learn first-hand about his ability to inspire audiences, entertain, create motivation and action, and to hear his one-of-a-kind story.
“I was, and remain, incredibly moved by [Mike’s] story, and I know that our guests were too. Mike, Thank you for being so open and for sharing something so deeply personal with us. I can’t imagine how it feels to tell your story and to re-live all the memories each time you do so. You are doing such important work to help raise awareness and to help other people.”
– Stephanie Mallalieu, go2HR Tourism Occupational Health & Safety Summit
Kelowna BC, Nov 2017
“Delegates have shared their experience at the conference engaging on the theme of disruption was inspiring, educational, and very appreciated. We have received such positive feedback and praise for your exceptional conference presentation. Your captivating insights, professionalism, and enthusiasm to share your experience was noted by many. We appreciated your preparedness and ease with which we worked to coordinate your session. Several delegates commented that they sourced relevant and applicable takeaways from your breakout session. Thank you for contributing your insights to positively shape our conference delegates’ experience.”
– Shannon Hall, Events Coordinator, Coaching Association of Canada
Canadian Sports Leadership Conference, Calgary AB, Nov 2017
“Mike’s energy is contagious! He has a way of pulling you in that keeps you engaged from start to finish. You’ll wonder where the time went and leave his sessions with an enriched perspective, poised to take action in your life.”
– Hunter Visser, Director of SafeStart Education, Nov 2016
“Mike presented his experience of spinal cord injury and recovery to a group of military veterans suffering from PTSD, as part of a treatment program. Both staff and participants were moved by his immense courage, humility, and hard-won wisdom. The veterans face many of the same life-wrenching losses that Mike has been through – unimaginable grief, physical injury and chronic pain, and the daily challenges of living with limitations. They were profoundly inspired by Mike’s grit and determination to find and live “the other story” – one of exciting purpose and joy, rather than despair. Mike’s strength of will and remarkable gratitude inspired all – staff and veterans – to see our own struggles in a new light.”
– Mary Grayson, MC, CCC – Touchstone Counselling, Okanagan PTSD Clinics, Oct 2017
“I feel like I’ve been given a second chance at life. Since my accident, it has become my purpose to help others. Public speaking has given me an avenue to make an impact on an individual and societal level. I am grateful for every moment I have with my audience and hope that I inspire them to take positive action in their lives.“
– Mike Shaw